Sunday, May 27, 2018

Should She Neutralize Her Ex's Estate Plan?

Query to The Ethicist in The New York Times magazine:
I am divorced. I recently learned from one of my children that my ex is leaving them uneven shares of his wealth. He’s leaving less to our son, the child he dislikes. His rationale is that this particular child has poor money-management skills 
My will, so far, is divided evenly. As I’ve told my children repeatedly, I love them equally, and I want this love reflected in my will.  
Should I change it to give more to the child disliked by his father, in order that the children come out more or less equal? Would the other child, our daughter, feel slighted and less loved?
Yes, use your will to equalize things, rules The Ethicist, and explain your strategy to your daughter.

As for the son's lack of money-management skills, "you can solve that problem (as your ex-husband could have) by putting the money in a trust."

1 comment:

StarIndia Equity Tips said...

This level of market with a various amount in the tradign level is bes to search a find to trade with letter markets.

Stock Cash Tips
MCX Market Tips