Monday, February 12, 2007

Wall Street Daddies are Weird!

From the Metropolitan Diary in today's New York Times:
Dear Diary:

As I was heading out of my Upper East Side apartment building to a leisurely breakfast, I happened across a neighbor whose husband is a well-known stock trader on Wall Street. Her darling 5-year old-son had overheard Daddy on the phone with a client, and was quite concerned.

“I know Daddy sells things at his job,” he remarked with consternation, “but why, oh why, did he say he would sell my shorts?”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fake entry, created by a consensus of listeners and the hosts of a show on WFMU:

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/02/seven_second_de.html

JLM said...

Shucks! I attributed the overwriting to an overzealous editor at The Times.

I did notice the anacronism of "trader on Wall Street." All the traders and their hedge funds moved to Greenwich years ago.